Our B&B Lodging on Hawaii’s Big Island
When you are looking for accommodations for your family vacation or your romantic getaway, consider reserving one of three beautiful guest suites or the Makamae Studio at Hale Moana Bed & Breakfast near Hilo. Makamae Studio, Pualani Suite, Garden Suite, and Lanai Suite look out onto our two acres of tropical botanical gardens with orchids, palm and fruit trees, and many exotic plants.
Our gourmet island breakfast, featuring a full breakfast buffet with fruits, breads, cereals and a main dish varying from day to day (pancakes, French toast, egg dishes, sausages & meats, quiche, etc.), Kona coffee, tea, and so much more, is included in our rates and is served in the breakfast breezeway. Free Wi-Fi is available in all suites and in the breakfast area. Each guest suite has new flat-screen TVs with satellite programming. A gas BBQ, washer/dryer, and other amenities (maps, free parking, snorkels and masks, flashlights, etc.) are also available for use by our guests.
We invite you to stay with us at our exquisite bed and breakfast in Hawaii and welcome you to enjoy the island hospitality and warm Aloha of our house.
Your comfort and enjoyment during your stay is of utmost importance to us. We strive to make your family vacation or romantic getaway as memorable and relaxing as possible. The details and the privacy of our suites reflect the sense of caring and Aloha that we extend to our guests. We welcome families with children and are fully set up to accommodate them. Free Wi-Fi, laundry facilities, a BBQ grill, snorkels & masks, maps, and a shelf full of local resource information is available to our guests.
We can help you make arrangements for activities that we personally can highly recommend and that have received great feedback from previous guests for:
- Personal in-suite massage by a licensed message therapist
- Private Big Island tours with Warren Costa, a local guide, offering day tours to the Volcanoes National Park, Waipio Valley, Mauna Kea, and other destinations tailored to your interests and ideas.
- Spectacular lava viewing from the ocean (when the lava flows into the water), whale watching and coastal perspectives of older lava flows and the changing of the coast line with Captain Shane and his crew from Lava Ocean Adventures
- Walks to the Lava Flow with Kalapana Cultural Tours: Please, inquire about lava flow status first.
- View volcano, lava activity and water falls from the air with Paradise Helicopters in their 4-seater birds, where every passenger has a window seat and where you can get the extra thrill of “doors off”. If you book through Hale Moana Bed & Breakfast you will receive a discount.